I was nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award by ScrappyYoga. Thanks, ScrappyYoga! I like reading about this Santa Cruz surfer. It’s great to stay tuned with other surfer girls and see what they’re up to. As per the instructions, here are the rules and explanation of the award copy and pasted below.
What is a Mystery Blogger Award?
The creator of this award, Okoto Enigma, says “It’s an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.
(Eh… I kinda deleted three….sooo many rules….you can check all of them on ScrapyYoga’s blog if you’re curious)
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Nominate 5 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice, with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share your link to your best post(s).
Three Things About Me:
- I’m a bigger fan of plants than people. If we would ever encounter a shark while surfing and it’s up to saving you or – let’s say- a baby rose, I promise, it will be the baby…
– Just kidding, I probably scream and pee in my wetsuit and end up saving neither of you. I’m still working on my superhero skills.
- I used to be heavily intimidated by waves when I was already surfing. I managed to get over the fear by moving to Fuerteventura for a couple of months to be able to surf every day.
- I’ve recently grown the suspicion that I might be addicted to the feeling of longing. In summer I long for autumn, in winter I long for spring.
Here are my questions from Scrappy Yoga:
- What is your dream vacation?
Wow. Difficult… I think, for the current state I’m in now, I would say somewhere with clear blue waters, where big sea turtles swim and beautiful waves are rolling in, and where there are lots of fruits and vegetables to eat ….hmmm Oh yeah…Perhaps the Maldives? Fiji?
- Why did you start blogging?
Hm…good question. I have actually no idea. (?) I discovered what a blog is two years ago and went experimenting with it. One thing led to another and here’s Surfermonkey. I think I like the activity of writing, the searching for topics and pictures and adjusting the website. It still feels all new to me. I also like that it’s kind of a slow process. There is no immediate result. It has to grow like we do.
- What are you most passionate about?
Nature, space, surfing. Oh and noodles ♥
- What’s your favorite T.V. show?
I don’t watch TV. But if I must pick a series or show it must be Rurouni Kenshin. I was crazy about it as a kid, and I still am. But I’m more of an animation film fan. And Sci-Fi. 🙂
- If you could have one superpower what would it be?
Teleportation. And I mean the being-able-to-teleport-with-a bag-and-clothes-on-kinda thing. I won’t have to deal with the whole taking the bike, car, airplane thing. POEF I’m on a beach in Bali and than POEF I’m on the moon!
- What job would be your dream job?
- How would your dream day look like?
- If you could shapeshift into anything, what would you be?
- Would you rather be a shark or a turtle?
- What type of food would you choose if that would be the only food you get to eat for the rest of the year?
This is my favorite post:
I rather post one of my favorite tunes.